By Belen – I’ve been drinking warm lemon water for the past 2 weeks every morning and I felt the difference in my body. I felt more awake in the mornings, my skin cleared up and I stopped feeling bloated through-out the day. So, I went on a journey around the internet to really understand why drinking warm lemon water is SO great for you; I wanted to find out the real facts, so I got info from around 15 sites and I took as a learning what most of them agreed on. There’s so much STUFF on the internet that it’s difficult to figure out what site is giving you the right info. Here’s what you need to know:
- Vitamin C helping your boosting immune system (so you don’t get a cold so easily)
- Vitamin C helps in collagen production. Collagen is what keeps your skin looking young!
- Calcium aids in controlling Alkaline levels, helping you battle off infections or diseases
- Potassium brings oxygen to the brain, making you WAKE-UP!
- Pectin fibre is beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial. This means, drinking warm lemon water helps you flush out toxins from the day before (aka, you go to the bathroom easier!)
Although drinking lemon water brings a ton of benefits, if you are really just interested in flushing out toxins from your body, the truth is you just need warm water. Yeap! Warm water stimulates digestion. The body won’t use so much energy to break down the food you consumed, which makes it very easy for them to be digested and to smoothly pass through the intestines. **Reason why you shouldn’t drink water or cold water during a meal**
Warm water also helps with unclogging your pores, so while lemon water gives you Vitamin C for your skin to look young, warm water is what makes your skin looks FRESH.
And there you have it. I will still drink warm lemon water in the mornings because the acidity in it makes me wake up real fast and I enjoy getting that extra bit collagen on my skin. What about you? Will you keep up the warm lemon water drinking or just switch to warm water?
Please leave me your comments below. I really, really love when you write to us in the comments and we can have a conversation :).
Catch up on our previous post, here