Last week I showed you a quick home workout for your abs! I know those of you who tried it were probably burrrrning inside! To be completely honest, I hate working on my abs because of how tough it is but after a good workout, IT FEELS GOOD!
Anyway, I told you guys in last week’s post that abs are truly made in the kitchen. No matter how hard we kill each other with super hard ab workouts, if we are not careful with what we are putting in our body… the belly will never be flat. I know, sad. I have tried probably all my life to have a flat and strong belly and although I’m getting there now… it hasn’t been easy and I’m still not there; partly because I don’t workout my abs that much, although I should, and partly because I love my rice, chocolate, pasta, wine, beer and yummy drinks! I think in life we have to have balance. I workout every week but I can’t leave the things I love out of my life… if I did, I would have a killer body and a sad heart so it wouldn’t be worth it.
Here are some foods I try to eat on the daily to enhance my workouts and help my muscles but remember to eat what makes you happy in a conscious way. It’s all about balance!
- Quinoa – this whole grain contains 5 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein per half cup. I mix it with a little bit of olive oil to add some flavor. Olive oil acts as an anti-inflammatory for your body!
- Leafy Greens – Good source of fiber, calcium and low calories! Leafy greens will help you fuel your workouts with more energy. You should eat greens at least twice a day. I love spinach to add to salads, quinoa or pasta!
- Chicken – Lean meat with not too much fat.
- Berries – High in fiber and also high in antioxidants. Antioxidants are great because they help you fight chronic diseases but as an added bonus, they help you get more results with your workouts! Antioxidants improve blood flow which helps your muscles contract more efficiently (building muscle, getting rid of fat!)
- Apples – High in fiber but are also mostly water, which makes you feel full. You should aim to eat an apple or two a day.
I read this on Fitnessmagazine.com: “The more fiber you eat — experts say that it’s best to get between 25 and 35 grams every day — the fewer calories you absorb from all the other stuff you put in your mouth.” Meaning, eat your greens, quinoa, chicken for big meals and berries and apples for your snacks and you will see your hard work at gym coming to life!
Are you eating belly friendly foods?? Which ones?
Thank you, thank you so much for reading 🙂 Make sure to keep up with daily inspiration by following me oninstagram, facebook and snapchat (belenbaquerizo)