Last Saturday, I was invited to take a class at The Barre Code Miami by Jo (Master Trainer) and wanted to give you a little recap plus information about this new “workout trend” we’ve been seeing called “BARRE”.
A while back I took a barre class but wasn’t too much into it. This time around, I went with the mindset of really opening my mind and enjoying this workout. I normally go to the gym after work and my workouts include a mix of training (weights and so on), a bit of cardio and yoga… so I’m used to a different kind of atmosphere when I’m working out but anyways, I wanted to give barre a try. My class was INTENSE!!! Within the first 15 minutes my arms were shaking so much, I was really happy when we moved on to do some legs haha. That’s one thing I like a lot about the class I took; it was separated into sections: Arms, Legs, Abs, Stretch. Perfect! So you knew you reaaaally had to push hard when you were working on a specific muscle because you weren’t coming back for extra work. (Every moment in life is precious, girls!)
I took the liberty to ask my instructor for more information about barre and here’s what I found:
- Barre workouts are high reps, low weights so it’s easy on the body and it lengthens your muscles. Lean not bulky muscles will be built!
- Anybody can do it… whether you are in shape or not because the weights you carry as 2 or 3 lbs.
- Barre essentially, is a mixture of pilates, yoga and strength training
- Barre is engineered for a woman’s body – Great for toning
- It’s recommended to do barre, 3-4 times per week to see results.
All in all, I really enjoyed my class and it’s somthing I would try again! If you guys live in Miami, The Barre Code is located at 2063 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33137. If you are not in Miami, check on google because there might be one near you 🙂
Give it a try, you will feel the burnnnn and the soreness the next day!
Make sure to follow me on instagram, facebook & snapchat (belenbaquerizo) for daily updates!