Hi girls! most of us are working a regular 9-5 job (it’s more like 9-6) and although we might like and enjoy it, our heads are probably somewhere else when it comes to… what’s next? Do you feel like you have hit a bump in the road and don’t know where to go? Should you stay in this job and keep your side hustle going or should you find a better, bigger job? These questions come up in my head more times than I would hope for so, I thought I would give you (and me) some tips and questions to help you make the right decision:
- Do you absolutely love the place where you are working at?
- What do you cherish more? Flexibility or a higher salary?
- Do you want to be your own boss? Or do you want to grow and expand a company/brand you are passionate about?
- What’s your dream job title? Search for the job description.
- After you find the job description, enroll in courses to help you get the certifications you need for THE job
- Create a beautiful resume and write cover letters for each specific job you are applying to
- Whether you hate your current job, want to be your own boss or want to be an executive at a super company, never stop reading. Go on Amazon and search for books related to your field.
One of the most important things I have done this past year is reading. Some of the books I have read are: GIRLBOSS,Lean In,How to Win Friends & Influence People andIt’s OK to Be the Boss – all of which are related to my field (entrepreneurship and leadership) and a week ago I enrolled in an online course for Creative Writing!
I don’t believe education is all we need in life to get ahead and achieve our dreams but I do believe it gives you a jump start to know how to play the game. If you are in school, stay in it! If you are out and need some guidance, read something that interests you – the worst thing that can happen is that it sparks some inspiration or you learn something new that can qualify you for that awesome job you are obsessing about.
Don’t be afraid to keep learning, it’s not a sign of weakness; it’s a sign of strength.
So, I challenge you to answer the questions above, buy some books and let me know below your next steps!
Read our last post about Career, HERE
Thank you so much for reading!! Come back on Thursday for more!0