It’s Memorial Day today and I hope you are enjoying you extra day off with family and friends! I wanted to share today some thoughts about relaxing. This entire year has been VERY fast-forward with little time to unwind and just relax. There’s a LOT of times during my weeks that I come off really mean at my family or Luis (my boyfriend) for stupid, little reasons and so I want to find to better my patience and help me relax a little bit more. Here are some things that have been helping me:
- Following a workout routine – working out at least 3 times a week. I don’t do the same thing over and over again because it bores me but getting on a schedule to complete great workouts, really puts my mind at ease.
- Eating healthy – I’m not a crazy, healthy person. If you see my instagram stories, you see my night wine sessions, french fries, pizza and ice cream but, heaving a healthy breakfast and overall bettering my eating habits has helped me, mentally. Not feeling like “AGH! I ate too much”, keeps my energy and emotions on a different level.
- Seeing my friends – Again, this year has been hectic so, making time to see my friends and enjoying some bonding time is good for the soul.
Although these 3 activities have helped me into relaxing more, I believe I can go further into RELAXATION MODE. Some things that come to my mind that might help are:
- Going to bed on schedule – Getting a decent amount of sleep every day.
- Getting off of social media – Social media is pretty much my job but I need to stop opening instagram first thing in the morning and last thing before bed.
- Listening to classical music – I have done this in the past and really loved it. Getting back into listening instrumental music when I’m in the car, might be a great idea!
What are your thoughts or techniques to help you with relaxing? I want to know!0