On the second installation of Interviews on A Hint of Life I’m bringing to you the sweet, happy, and energetic Gaby Guzman! Founder of The Jupiter Circle, a marketing and branding consulting agency in Miami which focuses on helping women find their voice and strategize how to portray themselves to build their businesses!
- In your own words, describe what you do? I help women grow their business thru branding and social media. I work with business owners thru workshops and 1 on 1 coaching!
- How did you realize what you wanted to do with your life? I’ve had like 4 different careers! but in 2009 I landed a position in an advertising agency and found I really enjoyed the communications field. Then, the leadership changed at the agency and I just didn’t like it anymore. So, I made a spur of the moment decision, quit and started my own agency. This summer is 3 years!
- What are the challenges you had to overcome to get to where you are? Realizing what the business model for my business would be. In the beginning, The Jupiter Circle was more of a traditional agency and it taught me that my passion AND what I’m good at is teaching and so that’s the path that I took my business on. “Realizing what you love to do and not what you are supposed to do.”
- Where do you get inspiration from when things get hard? My son helps me a lot! It’s impossible to hangout with him and not be happy! Aside from him, I get a lot of my inspiration from looking thru creative and interior design magazines :).
- How do you find balance in your life? Maintain a happy, healthy and successful life? This is a kinda weird one for me to answer but the truth is… I’ve never been a workaholic! It’s the reason why I don’t want to hire a bunch of full-time employees; I want to be able to pick-up and go to the beach for a week and work there, you know? When work gets out of hand, your body gets it and I just have to put a stop to it. I don’t cross my well-being.
One thing we can learn from Gaby is to do what makes you happy; life puts these steps in front of us that we feel we need to follow but she’s the perfect example to not do that. Find what you love, what you are good at and run with it!
You can read our first Interview with Carla Duenas – Here!
Please let me know if you are enjoying these interviews and what type of questions you’d like to see answered for the next ones!! Thank you so much for reading 😊0