If you follow my instagram or even snapchat (ahintoflifeblog) you know that I love to cook oatmeal on a stove. My sister is vegan and has developed amazing cooking skills so she’s the one that taught me to make this amazing breakfast/snack option.
Below, I will detail all the steps. It might look long but I promise it takes between 5-7 minutes.
- Pan #1 boil water (1 cup)
- Pan #2 1 cup of oatmeal
- Pan #2 – Add 1/2 a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa, chia seeds, flaxseeds.
- Once water is boiling, pour water onto pan #2 and stir at medium heat.
- You will notice that the oatmeal starts to get a bit fluffy; start adding fruit of your choice and mix everything together. Lower heat.
- It will start to smell like you are baking something, this means the oatmeal is ready. Leave a bit longer at low heat if you like your oatmeal very warm.
And that’s it! It tastes amazing and doesn’t take more than 10 minutes. I like this option better than using the microwave because with the pan & stove, the oatmeal is dry like when you cook it in the microwave.
Of course, I love my natural juices. The one in the picture is a carrot, lemon, tomatoes, kale, cucumber. See recipe here!
Do you know any quick breakfast options? Let me know 🙂