It’s January 1st and I cannot believe it. How did this happen? I think 2015 has been the fastest year in my life so far. I think it’s a little sad but my Holiday spirit hasn’t been on point this year. Anyway, we are in Orlando woohoo!! (see my instagram here!) What do you guys do during the Holidays?
I think baking is a great family activity. I do this with my sister 🙂 Here’s the recipe for this gigantic vegan chocolate chip cookie! Ingredients
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (we didn’t use this!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (Trader Joe’s chocolate chips are accidentally vegan!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream (aka thoroughly mix) together the coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the almond milk & vanilla. The mixture may be really “liquidy” this is OK.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients (it WILL BE crumbly – this is OK), then fold in the chocolate morsels & any other mix-ins of your choosing.
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on an ungreased cookie sheet (or on a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet), then flatten them out a bit with your palm. The dough may be a little crumbly, but just smoosh it together and it will work fine!
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. (I did 8 which was perfect)
We got this recipe from Daily Rebecca
Hope you had a wonderful New Years!! Thank you for reading 🙂 See you on Monday!
*** Follow my instagram, facebook or snapchat (belen baquerizo) for daily updates on work-life balance