I have always loved the spa. I love the feeling of walking to the spa… the dimmed lights, the aroma, the tea and all the lotions involved. For me, going to the spa for a massage or a facial is well deserved but, incredibly expensive. I would love to be able to go to the spa every month but the truth is, my bank account wouldn’t like it that much.
It’s ok to not be able to afford the spa every month. I think we have almost all the resources to be able to do a decent job with ourselves. Now, I try to go to the spa for a facial at least once every 3 months but sometimes it’s more like twice a year. I still go because the estheticians know about faces and skins and all that goes into maintaining it pretty, specially if you have very sensitive skin like me! 🙂
Over the years, I have learned that I shouldn’t use highly commercialized products because they just don’t work for my skin. I try to use organic, dermatologist approved products and the following beauty products are the ones I trust. I have been using them for more than 1 month. Actually, most of them I have been using for about 5 months and they work! Below, I will show you the steps I follow for an at-home facial 🙂
- Wash your face – I use Eminence to wash my face. Their line of products is organic and leaves your skin feeling extremely fresh. Find the Eminence Cleanser, here.
- Scrub your face – I use the Eminence oatmeal scrub which is amazing! It’s nice an gentle on your skin but still gets the job done. It’s important to scrub your face every week to remove all impurities and dead skin. With this scrub, I can use it every other day and my skin won’t be suffering.
- Toner – Using a toner with a cotton ball helps remove alll the dirt from your face. If you try it, you’ll see what I mean. It’s important to use a toner because it restores your skin with antioxidants and skin-repairing substances such as glycerin, fatty acids, and ceramides.I use this toner that has rose water in it and it leaves your face smelling like roses. I use it at night every day before moisturizer and leaves your face feeling very fresh. Try the Sanre Rosy Fresh.
- Steam! It’s important to use steam to open up your pores that way you can get out all of those nasty things that go into your pores. Since I don’t own a spa or any spa machines, I use a tea pot! I put water in the tea put and leave it on the stove until it starts to steam… when the steam starts coming out,, I lower the power of the stove and put my face on the steam for about 5 minutes.
- Go back to the bathroom and work on your pores. If you use any tools, make sure you use alcohol to disinfect them.
- Mask – I use a mask to give my skin extra nutrients and cleanse deeper. This SPApharma mask is really great. It burns a little bit after cleaning your pores but it’s not too bad. After about 5-7 minutes, I rinse it off with cold water.
- Serum – I love serums! They go really deep into your skin without leaving your skin feeling heavy. This Eminence serum is to help your moisturizer absorb into your skin better. I use 3 drops before applying my moisturizer.
- Moisturizer + eye cream – After the serum, I apply moisturizer and eye cream. This moisturizer is probably the best one I have ever used. Very light. This eye cream is great for under-eye circles! I really love the effect but it’s a bit greasy so I only wear it before bed.
And that’s it! the whole process takes around 25 minutes but it’s totally worth it. Sundays are probably a good day to dedicate to your facials.
Girls, remember to make time for yourself. We spend all week working, pleasing others, getting to-do lists done and it’s important to just relax and do something that you deserve. It doesn’t have to be a facial but try to find something that makes you feel complete and do it. Do it for you, not anyone else!